21 November 2013

A Season of Thanks

Thanks everybody for your kind words on my post yesterday.
I got the papers back and the head teacher has given us an approved absence to celebrate Thanksgiving!  I knew I liked her!!
It just shows I need to have patience before I get myself worked up.  I still believe this rule needs to be given more thought though.
Thinking back on past Thanksgivings abroad and at home just reminds me of how much I love this season.  

I know so many people that get upset about Christmas overtaking Thanksgiving in America. I get that, but I like to look at it from a different perspective.  Yes, I'm already listening to Christmas music and watching sappy Christmas movies (LOVE them!).  I'm not decorating yet, but I have in the past when time did not allow to do it the day after Thanksgiving (that's my Christmas decorating day!).

For me, it is one long celebration that compliments one another.  I might be listening to Christmas music and watching my sappy Christmas movies, but Thanksgiving isn't forgotten.  It's just kicking off the season!!

So how about you?  Do you celebrate Thanksgiving as an expat?
If you're in America, in what ways are you celebrating this year?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...