29 November 2012

Family & Friends of Alaska

It was so great to see so many familiar sites, but it's been just as much of a treat to see so many familiar faces and introduce them to my kids!

Our friend, Sylvia hosted an open house for my parents to see old friends.  








We also met up with some long time friends, the Wahl family.  Heidi was gracious enough to have us to her home.  Her mom, Ingrid was our GA leader many years ago and even broke out in the Girls in Action song.  So funny!!

Ingrid has been a long time prayer warrior for us.  Always so dedicated to send us notes and prayer!  It was so great to see them!


 Our kiddos became fast friends!!


We also met up with Steve & Patty.  Steve was at our house so much when I was growing up he was like another brother.


We spoke at Scott & Trish's church where he has been the pastor for a few years now.  We knew these 2 when they met and started dating while I was in highschool.  They did lots of chaperoning our youth group, so we took every opportunity to raze these 2 while they were dating and falling in love!


Carolyn meeting my kiddos.  Such a sweet lady and always has a smile on her face!


And then there is family! My cousin, Brian and his wife Yvonne.  We haven't seen each other since there daughter was a year old.


And look at her now!!  In her 20s and about to graduate college!!  My girls fell in love with Miranda!



We had SUCH a great time with them!  So much so I wish we lived closer.  We had such a great time together!


Being silly!





On our last full day we ran into Paula and Mrs. Collier.  They had come to the open house and it was so fun to run into them again and chat a bit longer.


This is one of the sweetest pictures that I will treasure forever!


This one too!


Awww!!


A little blurry, but Karis was anxious to take photos and I still like it anyway!


And although not a long time friend, we left behind a new friend, Fergus.  He greeted us every day a Sylvia's house.  What a sweet dog!!


We saw so many more and I wish I'd taken a ton more photos, but I was too busy chatting to always think of getting a picture.

I will treasure the time we spent with all these long time friends!

3 comments:

  1. It really looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and your new header photo is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! And I still have more to share! Just a bit more!
      Thanks....about the new header!

      Delete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...