24 October 2012

Above Anchorage

Anchorage is Alaska's biggest city with a population of just under 300,000 people.  It's my birthplace and it holds so many memories!

My childhood home.


It's changed a bit since I lived here!  I didn't even recognize it!!  I STILL remember my phone number in this house!!  344-7228!  Ha! 
The porch use to extend all the way down to the end of the house, there was no garage, the house was blue and the Spruce tree on the far right that I remember in that same spot was about a foot tall and I ran over it many times with my tricycle!  I guess it may have survived me! Ha!

The windows on the right were the living room.  I remember watching moose walk by while I watched Charlie's Angels.  Oh, the things I remember!!  
The windows to the left are the bedrooms.  The middle window was my room for awhile and then I moved to the bedroom at the back of the house.  The window to the far right was my parent's room.  This house had a full basement where we had a ping pong table and a piano.

After driving by the old house we headed up to Flattop Mountain, or rather to the parking lot at the base of it. No plans to hike for us!! We still had a great view!!

One beauty we saw was Sleeping Lady.  Her official name, Mount Susitna.  


If you look closely enough it looks like a woman laying on her back.


There is a legend about this beautiful mountain.  To keep this post from being too long I'll just give you the link where you can read it.


Just below Sleeping Lady lies Cook Inlet and the city of Anchorage.













3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and so very different from up here. This state continues to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me not only want to live there ... but also live there and have my own t.v. show like Northern Exposure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite memories was climbing Flat Top with my hubby and sliding on our bottoms on the snow- we got going so fast, we didn't think we'd stop! {it was in May, too!}

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...