23 April 2012

Streets, Lanes & Twittens

We had to take a trip out of Austria again.  We headed to England, only this time we took a train south of London to Brighton for the first part of our week long trip.

Our whole family loves the sea!  So, to the sea we went!  Brighton is a charming and happening little city by the English seaside.  It was Easter break so the city was crowded.  It's small enough that you can walk the downtown area with ease.
Brighton has an area simply called "The Lanes."  Filled with quaint shops and restaurants.
Street performing
 Scoops & Crumbs Ice Cream Shop
 This clothing shop had the coolest window display, filled with old sewing machines!
 Bright and beautiful buildings.



Sunnies!
 I just LOVED the flower shops!

 Interesting bike!


The "twitten" where our cottage was located.  A twitten is a walking street.
 Cottage on the twitten, Daphne has a cute little cottage!
 Fizziwigg's Candy Shop, the cutest candy shop I have ever seen!
Tina's Place!!


The nicest looking Pizza Express.
I took this picture for my dad, the retired locksmith.  Dad, if you were from England, you would work in an Ironmongery!
 
Next post, the seaside!







2 comments:

  1. I love your photos - they really show the essence of the place! Now I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pictures! What a fun trip! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog - I appreciate you keeping up with our family! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...