26 April 2012

Mother Goose Performance

Karis was involved in a performance at school to celebrate book month.  The skits were Mother Goose tales.  Karis was Polly in " Polly put the kettle on......Sukey take it off again."

Her music teacher asked if we had a dirndl.  I had to go look that up, I didn't know what that was and learned that is the name of the traditional Austrian dress.

We don't have one, so I asked around and one of Karis' friends had something we could use. 

 I found a cute pink apron, that is meant to accompany a dirndl, to complete the outfit.


 Karis and classmate as Polly & Sukey.


I wasn't able to attend and see my girl perform.  I was home with 2 feverish kids, so daddy went to take pictures.


The librarian did a great job with the Cat in the Hat theme!




The kids go crazy for balloons!






I can't wait to share Karis' birthday party with you!  It was so much fun!

1 comment:

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...