15 January 2012

To the States We Will Go

It's time.

Our original plan to head to the States for stateside assignment (known as furlough to some) was going to be Summer 2013.

By about November it was becoming apparent that it was needed before that.  I think it's a mixture of many things.  Some things I've spoken about, like the stresses of applying for a visa.

Maybe 3 countries in 3 years, 4 countries in 4 years if you count our last time we were in the US has taken it's toll.

So it's time.  On about August 8th, we'll be making our trek back to the US and planting ourselves in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for 6 months.  We're still working on housing and a vehicle so we're not sure of our exact location.

The other exciting news that goes along with that is we have been asked to speak at the Alaska Baptist Convention that will take place at the end of September in Anchorage.

Can you say "GIDDY!"  I am ecstatic!!  My last visit to Alaska? 1996!  Far too long!!

We're going to try and take the whole family.  I would love to show my kids where I grew up!!  We'll see how that goes with finances.

I look forward to seeing this place again.  This the homestead near Montana Creek, AK that my parents and brothers lived in before I was born.  I knew it to be my grandparent's home by the time I came along.
It will only be in the form of a drive by as our family doesn't own it anymore.  I wonder if it even looks like this anymore.

I can't wait to see beauties like Mount McKinley, Sleeping Lady, Portage Glacier, maybe even the Homer Spit.  And I can't forget the many wonderful people I knew growing up!  Let the countdown begin!!


9 comments:

  1. I am going to see what I can do to make a fun family trip to Anchorage. It would be awesome to see you again. I think the HP retreat (first one) was the last time! We haven't made the trek yet down south. We need to email. I have to approve any comments on my blog. If you leave your email, I won't approve it. Otherwise, maybe you can access it through the old HP logs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you get down toward Houston, let me know. :) I'd love to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying your stateside time is restful and refreshing.
    Deanna Davis
    http://deannadavis.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!!!I would love to see you...we will have to make a trip to DFW area and get together! Let us know when you know where you will be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you my friend that the Lord will work out all the details and that they will fall into place so that your time stateside can be refreshing and a time of refueling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's exciting! Praying that God will work out all the details so that you do not have to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what timing! AL plays their first game of the season next September in Dallas at the dome. Russell and I hope to go and if so, maybe we can meet up for coffee, a hug and picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl ... I'm excited for you ... and your trip back to Alaska! There is something about getting back to our roots!! I'm so glad this is happening ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, I'm so jealous! If you go to Homer, grab a doughnut at the Moose is Loose in Soldotna on your way through for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...