21 January 2012

There'll be Days Like This

 Seems that our whole family had a missing Spain day.
It's weird how it hits from time to time.  Something we see or say triggers a memory.  We all sigh big and say "I miss Spain."  It was one of those days today and then it puts me in a little bit of a funk.

People continuously ask how we are settling in or if we are liking it.  I am going to be brutally honest with you and say, not really.

That's not to say that Austria isn't a nice place to visit and I sure hope I don't offend any of my friends here, but I have to go back to a post I wrote on perspective.  So much of my perspective is based on a wonderful year in Spain.  A place we love, adore and miss tremendously.

Living here has just had some unexpected difficulties.  Doable, but definitely difficult.  The visa process makes no sense, the lack of goods that are abundant in neighboring areas of Europe, the unreal, high prices for common, every day goods, like eggs.  HAVING to learn the language because they make you!  Taxes for things like owning a television or driving on the freeway!  These little things add up and just make it easy to want to complain.

But, God called us away from Spain unexpectedly and brought us here to Vienna.  And we are learning to live in our new place.  It wasn't an easy move, but one we knew the Lord was calling us to make.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad!!  Our team is now together, which was the whole reason for this move.  We have a cute little house with a yard.  We have an incredible school where our kids are learning so much and we have made some incredible friendships!!  And meeting my blog friend, Kristi that has become a dear, in real life friend!

I thank the Lord for these things and these wonderful people that I wouldn't have met otherwise!

But, today has been a bit of a sad day for us.  Just missing our Spanish home, just a little (ok, maybe a lot).

3 comments:

  1. I totally here you! We have been here in Borger for 6 months and although I know we were called here - It' by far been the hardest move yet for me. I miss my friends in Colorado, I miss the mountains and just the people there. I miss our house! The kids miss their school and friends. We are all having those "adjustment" pains lately...just so hard.
    However - God is good and I do see the good of us coming, I just have those days as well!

    Praying for you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last pic, too! And thanks for keeping it real about your emotions, as well. That's one of the many reasons why I enjoy reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...