08 December 2011

Playing Vienna Tourist

Our friends and colleagues, the Sparks, came for a visit from Madrid.

We had a chance to see a bit more of the city with them and take in all the Christmas markets around downtown.  Each market has different kinds of goods and each one has their own Christmas mug.  It's really neat and Amy collected at least 4 of them!  Ha!

We started out by taking them to Stephansplatz to show them Stephansdom, or St Stephan's Cathedral.
While checking out some of the Christmas markets we stumbled upon this man and his handiwork.  It was beautiful!
 We then headed towards Karlsplatz to their Christmas market.  This is the beautiful Karlskirche, or St Charles' Church.
 This is just one of those things that makes you chuckle a bit.  A krapfen is translated as donut.  Although that looks a lot like a pretzel, but it may be sweet.

This is the Hofburg Palace.
After perusing some markets and sights we headed to the infamous Demel Cafe.  I mentioned going when I came in April.
 It's fun to watch them at work!
Our dessert to share.  It was ok, but Kristi told me the name of a dessert to try next time, which I will definitely do.  However, the hot chocolate is awesome!!!

 Since it gets dark so early (4 pm, ugh!), the lights were already coming on.
 A quaint street near Swedensplatz.
So, who is coming for a visit next??  We'll gladly welcome you to the city of Vienna!!

4 comments:

  1. Me ME ME!!! Oh, do I wish I could come play tourist with you. That looks like and expereince of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! My husband has always wanted to visit Austria, and I have as well. I'm glad you got to enjoy yourself with friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to come! Merry Christmas from our Christ worshipping family to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it is saying that the "Brezel" (pretzel) is Krapfen flavored. This is a Krapfen, and it's AWESOME!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8OGNePkoY

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...