26 November 2011

Rathaus Christmas Market

Crossing the Danube on the U-bahn, Vienna's metro system.
A couple of weekends ago we decided to visit the Christmas market a the Rathaus.
The Rathaus, or city hall of Vienna is quite a beautiful building!
This is just the back of it.  Take a look at the front!
One of the prettiest town halls I've seen!
 The Christmas market was a buzz!


 Lots of yummy looking goodies!
 And beautiful traditional Austrian ornaments everywhere.
 

This was a favorite vender (below)!  I think I'll be going back to get some of these pretties for my tree!



And don't forget about the Christmas punch!!
In this Christmas market alone, there were probably 10 vendors selling punch!
 Beautiful!

 Look at those fall colors!
 Me with my punch.  I got the kinder (or children's punch).  What a goofy face!
You pay a deposit for the mug.  You can return it and get your deposit money back or you can keep the mug.  We decided to keep one mug!
We've got many more Christmas markets to visit!!  Looking forward to it!!  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun! Christmas markets in Europe are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the mug...and the mittens. That sounds like a fabulous day.

    We are so excited, Christmas in Ice (as in the sculptures) happens in North Pole this weekend. But, I fear it doesn't even begin to touch the beauty of that market. I'd love to spend a day strolling up and down, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas Markets are my favorite memory of living in Germany. I counted the days each year until they opened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are amazing. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...