05 October 2011

Around Vienna and Slovakia?

My new friend and colleague, Christina, took my around town one day.  I should have taken a ton more pictures as she showed me some pretty cool things, but I get wrapped up in my surroundings and conversation that the pictures are forgotten.
Here we are being silly on the u-bahn (Vienna's metro)
 Showing off her coffee at a great place downown!
 A cute little Spanish restaurant that she pointed out to me!
We stopped at a downtown grocery store, a chain we know well, not realizing that this particular store took things to a whole new level!  Christina went in to get a banana and we were drawn in by the hot food and salad bars.  So, we decided to eat an early lunch!
Look at that chandelier in a grocery store!!!
She had some kind of yummy looking vegetable salad and I had a Thai Shrimp with rice.  It was SO good for eating in a grocery store!
The next day Christina, Julie and I hopped in a car and headed to Bratislava, Slovakia.  Sounds like we took quite a trip, huh?!  No, only an hour drive!  We hit a couple of our favorite stores that we (me & Julie) knew from living in Prague (Marks & Spencer and Tesco) and HAD to eat at Pizza Hut!!
We had a fun time shopping and being silly girls.....shopping!!!
This Bratislava trip might have to become a monthly or bimonthly thing!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I like the shopping with friends part for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...