01 September 2011

Churros & Chocolate

A couple of weeks before leaving Spain we took one last trip down to the center of Madrid. I wanted to pick up a tiled name plate like we got Jerry's parents for Christmas. And we just wanted to see downtown one last time. We had to include a stop at one of the famous Churro cafes. We chose Chocolaterias Valor.  I love Churros! My favorite way is to sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, but the traditional way is with a pot of chocolate. thicker than hot chocolate, but thinner than chocolate syrup. Still yummy!

Madrid, churros, travel,




Sure!  Why NOT a sugar packet!
First time to order Coke.
Karis took these pictures of us.  She did a pretty good job!

Our little photographer did great on this one!
I loved seeing this draped through the street to help keep it cool!
Trying on some Spanish gear!
Next up, Plaza Mayor!  Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your caption, "Sure! Why NOT a sugar packet!" That just sums up my life. :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Churros y Chocolate was the name of my Spanish book in high school!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...