14 April 2011

A Weekend in Vienna

I met up with 2 of my teammates in Vienna this weekend.  It wasn't all play, but I'll go into details another time.
We had a blast together!
Stacy, Julie & Me
 We sure did miss our other 2 team wives that couldn't join us!  We have an awesome team!  These ladies are not only my teammates but my friends, my confidants, my prayer warriors, my ministry and accountability partners!  God has blessed us so much with an incredible group of people to work with!  I thank God constantly for them!

We had a great time of chatting, praying, eating, drinking coffee (tea for some) and keeping each other from getting blown away by the wind.  Wow is that city windy in the Spring!

We took one morning and headed to the city center.  We didn't have a lot of time and our main goal being to eat some lunch and get some dessert at Demel, a famous pastry shop & chocolatier founded in 1786!
 Look at that display!  It was hard to choose!
 Some of the cute chocolate boxes!
 Our choices!
Two variations of chocolate cake.  Stacy & I shared.  The one on the left was our favorite as far as being a cake.  Mainly because the one on the right had a liqueur flavor that wasn't a favorite, however that chocolate coating on the outside and top were to die for!!  Oh my!  Just give me that chocolate!

This is about my 4th visit to Vienna.  None being very long.  While living in Prague, we would take day trips to see a few sites.  Here are a few pics of downtown.

St Stephen's Cathedral, part of it is covered with scaffolding that is covered by a large type photo.  Can you tell?
Vienna is a beautiful city with such rich history.  

It's funny going back into "Europe" from Spain and seeing the differences.  Of course, Mediterranean countries do tend to have a flair of their own.  That was apparent to me stepping back into Austria.  Not bad, just different.

We've got a crazy few days ahead of us.  We are having Karis' party at school today (her birthday isn't until Monday).  Tomorrow the kids are out for 11 days for Semana Santa, Holy Week.  We welcome my parents back on Saturday.  They've been spending time with my brother in Greece.
Then we've got Karis' actual birthday, which we are planning to spend at the zoo and then we head to the coast for a few days to show my parents the sites!  And you can't forget my favorite thing, spending a little time at the beach and dipping our toes in the water.  We've been told it could be warm enough to get in!  We'll see about that!

1 comment:

  1. Got your e-mail; yes, with the kids- we're headed to Garmisch for a conference, stopping in L'viv, Krakow and Vienna on the way. We're going to see the Lippazaner horses and I think just walk around the city center without too much of a heavy sightseeing itinerary- only so much the kids will probably have attention for! I found a place that might work- it's hard with 5 people to keep the price down!!! We're going to stop in Budapest and Bratislava and Uzgarad when we return.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...