08 March 2011

The Carnaval Parade

Monday was our parade!  The kids were to dress up as people from around the world.  Brennan has an awesome shield he got on our trip to Segovia and decided he wanted to be a knight.  With battling sickness, costume hunting was put off to the VERY last minute.  Although, I am known to do that quite frequently!  Luckily, I found what I was looking for at the first shop I went to!  Phew!
The girls wanted to be princesses, of course.  I knew they would like the maiden costumes and of course they did.
Sweet sisters!


Off to the parade!
 Some other princesses with mine, waiting to go back to class after the lunch break.
 Sweet giggly girls!  Such fun!
 And the parade begins! Imagine you hear loud Spanish music blaring from the school loud speakers!
Brennan & Reegan's teacher, R with the class.
Karis' teacher, M and the class.

 This next photo CRACKS me up!  I guess Karis' classmate is not too thrilled with having his picture taken or parading one.  What's even funnier is the way his crown is sticking up.  It looks like two devil horns!  Ha!
Ok, here is a better one of our big princess!
This class all wore China outfits.

Our first Spanish Carnaval Parade.  Success!  Stay tuned for the burning of the sardine!  Curious?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the costumes worked out. Your kids looked adorable.

    I'm very curious about the burning sardine. Sounds smelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! My kids love to dress up and they would have been thrilled with an opportunity to parade around!

    Visiting from Bloggymoms Blog Hop list. :)

    http://snapshots-morgan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks like a lot of fun, I am so glad you're sharing all about your life in Spain, I love reading about the different culture and find it really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks super FUN!

    my boys love to dress up - my eldest would adore that knight get-up!!

    ~h

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...