11 February 2011

Ladies' Coffee Time

 As I've mentioned in the past we have been attending an English speaking international church.  We've attended several in our time in Europe and it is amazing to me how vastly different they can each be (of course, that's true of churches in the US too).  So much can depend on the culture of the host country, the different nationalities represented in the church, some being attended by more nationals (of the home country), people coming and going on a regular basis and so on.

It's a fun and interesting experience really.  Take for instance the ladies' coffee time I attended this morning.  The ladies in the church have decided to have coffee times based on the area of Madrid that you live in.   It was nice to meet these ladies that live relatively close to me.

We had so many diverse backgrounds and I loved every bit of time I spent with these new friends.  We had a Dutch/American, A Scottish married to a Spaniard, a Brit, an American (pastor's wife from TX), 2 South Africans, an American (from CA) married to a Spaniard, 2 - 20-something girls from CA here to play volleyball on a European circuit, an American (from DC) here with the embassy, a Swiss whose family decided to relocate to Spain 15 years ago, and me, an American missionary.  Quite the group, eh?!  Different backgrounds, different cultures, different age groups (even different states of the US) all finding ourselves in Spain, coming together in the bond of Jesus Christ to fellowship together!

We hope to do this once a month or so and I can't wait until I can fellowship again with these ladies.  Maybe next time I will remember the camera!

1 comment:

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...