21 December 2010

Happy Birthday to My Hubby


It's hard to believe we are hitting the big 4-0!!

Well he is!  I still have another few weeks and a year in my 30s!  Ha!  I feel 40 looming though.  Hitting 30 was not a big deal to me.  But I'm having a harder time with 40.

When I hit 30 I always said "It's just a number!  Age does not define me!"

Hmmm...I'm having a harder time with that statement this go around!

Ok, enough about me and how I'm feeling about being almost 40!  Ha!

This is about Jerry!  He doesn't seem to be phased by it and it helps that he doesn't even come close to looking like 40!

We didn't do a big party or anything.  This was his last day of Spanish courses and we could not be happier to celebrate his big day and the last day of these dreaded courses he's taken that have just about done our family in!

Ok, not quite that bad.  But courses 5 days a week with an hour and a half of travel EACH way and him not getting home until about 8:30 three evenings a week, 6:30 on 2 evenings!

It is cause to celebrate!!

I always fix the dessert of his choosing and the last few years he has chosen Cranberry Bliss Bars!  They are sold this time of year at Starbucks and a few years ago I found a copycat recipe.  They are easy, just a bit time consuming!

So happy birthday, Jerry!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...