28 December 2010

Gift Making

Well, Christmas has passed, but I'm still going to share about some easy teacher's gifts I made.

I was blog hopping and came across a recipe for homemade sugar scrub that included ingredients that I already had in my kitchen!!  Sugar, brown sugar, olive oil and vanilla.  That's it!  I added a little cinnamon just because I love it so much!

I have not looked to see if I can purchase canning jars here, but I had some applesauce and bean jars (beans are sold in jars in Spain) that would work and had a plain top, so that's what I used.


Also in my research I found a bunch of blogs that have free printable tags and one that even had a tag with directions on how to use sugar scrub.  I printed it out, then had my Spanish teacher help me translate it into Spanish that I printed on the back.



Aren't those cute?

It made such a fun gift and they were well received!  I will be filing this away to use again, for sure!

I hope everyone had a great time celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with your family and friends!!

Next time I have to share the kid's Christmas performance at school!  There's a little story among the fun of watching them sing and even a short speaking part for Karis!

1 comment:

  1. Tina, these are great, I love them! Lots of stuff come in glass jars and I always wash and reuse them...so I think I might steal your idea too :) Thanks for sharing. I love your blog btw, and now that I am updating my google reader I plan to keep in touch more. Love and Merry 12 days of Christmas and a Happy New Year! Miriam

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...