22 October 2010

Mr/Mrs Pumpkin Heads

Finally pumpkins have arrived in Spain and I was so excited to pick one up for each of the kids to decorate in some way.  Last year we carved pumpkins.  I found that to be a huge mess and they didn't last long before we had to throw them out.
I thought about painting pumpkins this year until I saw Pumpkin Heads on Centsational Girl's website.  I wasn't sure if the kids would want to do this or not, but when I showed them the pictures they jumped for joy and couldn't wait to get the Mr Potato Head pieces to create their own Mr/Mrs Pumpkin Head!
You all may think we've been living under a rock since I'm just now seeing these (as I understand you can even buy pieces in stores now just for pumpkins).  Well, I guess living aboard can do that for ya!
Here they are picking out their arm, eyes, nose, & mouth pieces.


Centsational Girl used a drill, but I thought I'd use this thing, which I have no idea what it is.  I just found it in my oven when I moved in.  Anyone?


 And here's the final product.  I forgot to get some ribbon out for Karis' Mrs Pumpkin Head (it's the one on the left), so I must go do that.

Brennan decided he wanted shoes on his Mr. Pumpkin Head.  In order to do that we had to put shoes on both sides for it to stand up, so we decorated both sides.

This was fun and no mess!!  I think this will be our way of decorating pumpkins from now on!  Well, unless or until the kids veto it in the future!  Ha!!

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea, but we have no regular Mr. Potato Heads anymore. And I'm sure Dan would have a coniption fit if I used his Star Wars potato head pieces in a pumpkin :p!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found kits at Target with the pumpkin carving stuff. We got a Mrs Potato Head Princess pumpkin set. We haven't put it together yet. I'm thinking we will today.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...