31 October 2010

Halloween, Spanish Style

We were surprised to learn a couple of months ago that Spain celebrates Halloween.  It's the first country in Europe that we've lived in that does.  I understand that it's not celebrated in all areas, but the bigger cities it is.
I know there are differing opinions on Halloween, but we decided to join in on the fun and our original thoughts was to use it as a way to get to know our neighbors.  I had the idea of having an open house and have cupcakes to decorate for the kids, but we have been sick for over 2 weeks now and we weren't able to do that.  Oh well.  Maybe next year.
Each apartment that was participating in "trick or trattle," as they say here, was to put something Halloween-ish on their door and it would begin at 7:30.
My kids could not wait!!
I really didn't want to buy new costumes, so to the dress up clothes we went.  My Spiderman, ballerina and Cinderella didn't seem bothered by that one bit!!
I got to thinking what I could do with the girls hair to make it pretty.  I am not very good at styling their hair.  I got online and found a fun site called Princess Hairstyles with lots of photos and some videos.  And some of the styles are really easy!  Reegan's hair is really thin, so hers didn't hold very well.  I had to redo it a couple of times, but we made it work.
Here is Karis' hair, it might be a bit hard to see.




 And Reegan's hair



They loved getting their hair done!



 Reegan was doing lots of pretty poses for daddy!



 applying that last bit of lip gloss


And they are ready to go!

 The Loot!


They do thinks a bit more ghoulish than we're use to.  Mine were the only ones not dressed up like some scary thing or a witch.
November 1 is All Saints Day or Día de todos los Santos, so the kids don't have school tomorrow.  I guess that's a good thing since they may still be crashed after their sugar high of an evening!  Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! you did a really great job with there hair! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the hair!! Really beautiful! Glad your kids were able to play dress up!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...