24 March 2010

Oh the things they say!

My kids are constantly cracking me up with their vocabulary.  Too many times I forget to write it down and then it's lost forever.  But today, I got a good one from Brennan!

It is finally gorgeous outside after our very LONG winter!  I think we hit 60 degrees today.  The kids, well, a certain two....I won't name names.....it rhymes with Paris & Mennen!!  Ha!
Oh those 2 are constantly at it with each other!  Anyway,  the weather was beautiful and I really wanted to get out, but they would not get a long during the afternoon play time in their room.  All I ask is that they stay in their room and play.  I've given up on it being "quiet time" if mama can just have some down time!  But those 2 kept on coming out constantly.  I told them if they would let me get ready we could go to the park.  Of course they decided not to and thus aggravated their mama to no end and I said "no park!"  I do have to add that things got a little better and Karis then picked up the whole room by herself.  I was impressed.
Later on daddy had the brilliant idea to go out for dinner to the kid's favorite spot, Flora.  Flora is a mall that is 2 bus or tram stops away.  I was ready to say "no" as it was a pj day for 2 of them. But I knew we needed to get out and they always sleep better anyway, why not?!

Many times we like to walk and being such a gorgeous day we did just that.  On the walk there we sometimes take a little detour......through a cemetery (Hřbitovy).   It may seem strange to some to walk through a cemetery, but take a look at it!





Fallen stone, how sad!


It is quite gorgeous and it is huge!  From what I've read there are many famous Czechs buried here.  
Ok, got off topic but I HAD to share the beauty of this cemetery!  We were walking along and quite randomly Brennan says "Why'd you buy 3 kids, mom?"  I laughed so hard, he is always making me laugh, and wondered if I heard him right.  Jerry asked me if he said what he thought he said and pipped up with God giving them to us.  Very true but then I started thinking of the validity of his question because actually we DID, in a sense, pay for our kids!!  Between adopting Karis and going through IVF to have twins you could say we paid for them!  Ha!  I didn't go into that with him though!

We had so much fun.  I was so thankful this was a fun night out, because you know, sometimes we've had some doozies where I wonder why we even left the house.  The kids are complaining, food gets all over them, kids being mean to them in the play area, whatever.  But this was an all around great night out!!  And to think, I didn't even want to go!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow- your mall looks so Western! There is a new one here called the Bolshevik- nice name,huh?! I try to keep a file on the computer to record funny things; I've missed a lot, too! It's nice, though, that even after a bad day, we can all find something to laugh about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These new malls have only popped up in the last 5-7 years. Now they are all over the place. And this one isn't even the nicest one in town, just the closest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cemetery pictures - I love all the history captured on old tombstones and statues. I'm glad you had a fun ending to a stressful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...