10 December 2009

I Just Knew...

I KNEW it was only a matter of time before we would be hit with this season's sickies!
It was the strangest thing last night. We were getting ready for bed and Brennan let out the biggest sneeze I've ever seen (from him anyway). You know, those kind that leave you dazed and hurts your throat?! Ha!
As he went to bed he kept complaining and I could tell it was genuine. My kids LOVE medicine, so they really have to prove to me they are sick before I just start handing it out!
Then it all began! I just happened to take a Simply Sleep and went to bed early. I did not get enough sleep the night before and wanted a little help to STAY asleep. At 2 am Brennan came in our room. I have no idea why, I was very much asleep. The next thing I know, Jerry is running to the bathroom with Brennan. Poor guy "got sick" (I say that because I absolutely hate the word vomit or throw up! Crazy, I know) about 3 times before his tummy calmed down. He & Jerry laid on the couch for awhile then told Jerry he was so tired he wanted to go back to his bed. About 2 hours later Reegan cried out that she didn't feel well and she was feverish. I got her some medicine, she cried out again that her tummy hurt. I sat with her and it wasn't long before she got sick too.
What a night!! Luckily she only "got sick" once and fell back to sleep fairly quickly. It was crazy because she woke up that morning like nothing happened!
They acted ok the rest of the day, just a little feverish and sluggish but no more getting sick.
They had another night of low grade fever and seem to be sluggish a second day, but I think we are past the worst. I'm glad it was over quick! Still wishin', hopin' and prayin' that Karis doesn't get it!
All the while I am preparing for my tea party tonight! I can't wait to share more about it!! There are about 11-13 people coming and have plans for good food, tea, and games with some prizes! It should be fun!! We are also doing a tea cup exchange. I don't have enough teacups for that many. This is my 3rd time to do a tea party with the exchange. In the past we have always done the ever popular exchange game, but I decided to do something different this time. We'll see how it goes! I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed your new profile photo - very seasonal! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...