27 October 2008

Sea World

Such a magical place!!  I've only been to SeaWorld once before, but every Summer I enjoyed my very own sea world when we went fishing in Homer, Alaska (In case you didn't know, I grew up in Alaska).  I have such fond memories of going halibut fishing.  We would get up early in the morning and get out on the water.  It might take us an hour to boat to where we were going to fish.  We would drop our lines and wait for the halibut to bite.  Some days we brought those things up left and right.  Other days, we might sit there for hours with hardly a nibble on the line.  In those minutes I would enjoy the beauty around me.  I still remember one instance when I was sitting on the front of the boat, all by myself (everyone else was in the back of the boat) with my line in the water.  I was looking out over the water and enjoying the view when all of the sudden a whale burst up out of the water and landed with a big splash!  It happened so fast that I didn't even have a chance to tell anyone.  I have carried that memory with me.  Since early on in those years of fishing I have always had a love for wildlife and sea life in particular.



I've been mentally planning this trip for months.  Our good friends, the Bolanders that have been good friends with my parents since before I was born, live there and the plan was to go with my parents and spend some time with them and take the kids to SeaWorld.  Then this Summer Jerry's brother and his wife, Kenny & De moved down there and looked forward to spending that time with them as well.  We had a fast and furious trip and enjoyed some great time with family and friends.

Because of the time of the shows the first one we went to was "Believe" the Shamu Show.  




Karis.....cried through the whole thing.  She was freaked out!!  But, I had Brennan & Reegan on my lap and they had a great time!!!  Can I just admit....I actually cried through almost the whole performance!  I'm almost embarrassed to admit that, but like I said...I just LOVE these gentle creatures.  If I had a chance, I would LOVE to work with sea life!!  Whales, dolphins, sea lions, seals, whatever.  I'd do it in a heartbeat!!  Ok, maybe not sharks or stingrays.  I leave those for someone else!  Ha!

The other two shows that we saw were the dolphin show....a lot of divers and acrobatics and not so much dolphins.  I was a little disappointed in that show.  The diving and acrobatics were great, but that is not what I went to see.  I went to watch the dolphins!!!  


The last was the sea lion show.  Good, but still not as great as the "Believe" show, but still had a lot more of the sea lions involved in the show!!


It was a great trip and if we lived close by I would be going ALL the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...