14 October 2008

"Hokin' and a Pokin' "

Think back to 1997. That’s the year that the movie “My Best Friend’s Wedding” came out!!!  I remember watching it on video and right as you think the movie is about to begin comes on the song Wishing and Hopingwith a bride and 3 bridesmaids singing this song as they prepare for the wedding.  When I first saw it I kept thinking “What IS this?”  And I cracked up through the whole thing.  It is absolutely silly and I just love it!! 
A while back I got the song off ITunes and put it on my IPod.  As I was getting ready this morning and listening to one of my playlists the song came on.  As we are getting out of the van to go to church I hear Karis start singing “Hokin’ and a Pokin’.” right to the tune.  She just kept singing that over and over all day long.  It just cracked me up.  So, it is no longer called “Wishing and Hoping” in our house, but “Hokin’ and Pokin’!”  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...