03 October 2008

Dallas Arboretum



 I had to look up the word “arboretum,” because all I knew of it was the name used in Dallas.  An arboretum is a collection of trees. More commonly today, an arboretum is a botanical garden containing living collections of primarily woody plants. 
So there ya go in case you were wondering what an arboretum was!
As I have talked before I have been so excited for Fall to begin!  I just LOVE the atmosphere that comes with Fall.  I’ve been researching local pumpkin patches and in my searching found that the Dallas Arboretum has this pumpkin house (pictured above), a hay maze, and pumpkin lined pathways.  It was fun!!  We met up with our friends & colleagues, Julie and her boys who are also in the States right now.
We took SO many pictures and I got so frustrated because I wanted that perfect picture!!  I just knew I didn’t get one good one.  Well, if you take a look we got some really good pictures.  I am much more happy with them than I ever thought I would be.

 





So, one Fall activity down and a few more to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...