16 September 2008

Our "Vacation" Week


 As you may have guessed, we were not able to go on our beach vacation to Crystal Beach, TX, just outside of Galveston.  Saturday, after Ike hit, I scoured the internet all day looking for information on that area.  Little coverage was given to the Bolivar Peninsula, which was actually hit harder than Galveston.  A whole community was lost that day.  Only about 20% of the structures on their peninsula were left standing.  I found an aerial picture of the beach we were to live on for the week.  The houses are gone!!  So sad!
I’ve been mourning this loss the last few days and could only think “If we were there, we would be playing on the beach right now.”

On Monday, watching the kids playing in our little sandbox in the back yard would even bring tears to my eyes.  I don’t know why I took this so hard, but I had been so looking forward to this trip.
We decided to fill our time with activities in the DFW area.  Jerry decided to work on Monday and take the rest of the week off.   Even though it wasn’t a day of playing on the beach, they still had a good time playing in the sand in our back yard!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...