11 September 2008

A "Butstrating" Day

Of course we have memories of 7 years ago and the happenings of that day.  We’ve just had a doozy of a morning.  It started out with Reegan being closed in Karis’ room.  She was crying so hard and was so scared....she is my sensitive one.  I felt so bad for her, I even got teary eyed she was so upset.  So she got some extra lovin’ and cuddle time with mama this morning!
Then we’ve been watching Hurricane Ike very closely.  See, we are suppose to head to Crystal Beach (outside of Galveston) on Monday.  This was to be our first family vacation.  I’ve been quite sad and upset (selfish really) that Ike may ruin our first family vacation.  Our big plans were......to play on the beach.  That’s it!!  We’ll just continue tracking Ike and see if our vacation might still happen, but right now that area is in the process of evacuating.  *sigh*

On to Karis....she was playing on the floor and scraped up her hand on a staple that was sticking out under the couch.  Ouch!!  Then not long after that Brennan dropped his truck (that weighs about 5 pounds) right on the base of his toes.  Poor guy screamed and screamed, got a little cut and a bruise
on his toe.  He LOVES that truck!!!  We’ll see how he feels about it the next time he sees it! =P
So, that has been our September 11 morning.  A sad and not so fun morning so far.

Then, as I was making lunch I turned on Cars.  It is Brennan’s favorite movie!  I had to make him feel better some how!  However, this is NOT Karis’ favorite movie and she was going to tell me about it.  She sat at the kitchen table huffing and whining about it and then says to me 

“Lightening McQueen makes me butstrated.”  (translation....frustrated) 


I BUSTED out laughing.  I was laughing so hard I was crying!!  Obviously you had to hear her tone as well.  I thought I was going to make her feel bad for laughing, but it was the complete opposite!  She loves to make people laugh so she just kept saying it over and over.  After calming down from my hysterical laughing, I asked why it made her frustrated.  She proceeded to tell me that she was “not that kinda girl.”  More hysterics ensued!!!!  Oh my, she can be SO funny!!!
So Karis sure made things a little better for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...