30 September 2008

I Hate it When She Sleeps

Sounds like a contradiction to what most moms are saying, eh?  Most often you hear mamas saying ”sleep will ya?! 
But Karis is no longer a napper, hasn’t been for about a year now.  So we moved on to “quiet time.” I can’t say that she is truly quiet.  I let her play with quiet toys, read books.  Most days I hear her playing, or singing or talking to herself.  If I let her sleep during quiet time it will take her forever to go to sleep at night!! 
But yesterday was one of those days where I was just a grump and would rather have crawled back under the covers or gone to a coffee shop or shopping or just been anywhere else altogether!!
And Karis decided to sleep.........I decided to lavished in the peace and quiet!!
Now, Brennan & Reegan are still good nappers, although recently have been a little off.  Yesterday they decided to wake up early from their nap where they played all kinds of games with each other until I came and got them about 45 minutes later.  Today, on the other hand, I put them down an hour ago and they are having a party in their room!!  They are not screaming and are happy, so I’m happy!!
So back to yesterday...when I finally went to get Brennan & Reegan up, I just opened the door to Karis’ room to allow her to wake up a little bit on her own (or she’ll be a bear!).  I walked back to the living room, but Brennan decided to check up on Karis.  The next thing I hear is Brennan opening and closing her door saying “mornin' ” over and over again!  It was so funny and just so cute!!  He’s a funny one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...