16 August 2008

God said "No."

For some reason Karis gets into some deep discussions before bedtime.  Tonight we got to talking about having babies and about her growing in someone else’s tummy, but that God wanted us to be her mommy & daddy.   Then she started talking about her having babies.  She then holds up her hands and says “I want this many babies.” (holding up 10 fingers).  Then she asked me if I’d give her 10 babies.  I proceeded to tell her that I couldn’t give her babies, but she could pray to God and ask for that many babies.  We finished up our bedtime routine and she wanted me to leave so she could pray. =) 
A little while later she got up to go tee tee.  I got her all settled back in bed and she told me she prayed to God (about this many babies) “and he said ‘no!’”  I about lost it with laughter because she was SO serious.  Trying desperately to hold my hysterics I told her that God must think she is too little right now.  To which she replied “I not little, I a big girl.”  I assured her she WAS a big girl, but God probably thinks and knows she is just too little to have that many babies yet.
I think I was able to appease her for the time being.  Kids say the greatest things!!!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...