08 December 2013

The Day to Day

I have found blogging to be all consuming lately and just haven't been able to keep up with the writing, photo editing, reading and interacting with other bloggers.  I just can't find the time to do it all.  I'm slow at writing, slow at editing and with 3 kids I get interrupted about a bagillion times a day!  That's in between the cleaning and cooking and all the other needs of my family.
I've been at this blog for about 7 years now and I have no plans of giving it up, but I am just not one that can be a consistent blogger.  I don't want it to be something that I come to despise because I feel I have to get a blog post up three times or even once a week.  
I truly appreciate those of you that keep coming back to this space even if I'm inconsistent.
That said I can't say that I've been doing anything grand as of late.  It's just the every day tasks on top of being smack dab in the middle of Christmas season.
I wish I could say we were attending Christmas markets and other fun Christmasy things in our area, but money is tight and we're just trying to get through the holiday season and keep our kids focused on the true meaning of Christmas and not every. single. toy and cool gadget they see on tv!
So, what have we been up to?
We had a great Thanksgiving and hosted 4 families totaling 14 people in our house for dinner.
I wasn't a big pie eater growing up.  I don't like the traditional pecan, apple & pumpkin.  Then I married into Jerry's family and learned about chocolate and coconut cream pie.  Now that's the kind of pies I love!

One of the friends that came has a turkey fryer.  Such a treat to have fried turkey in England!!

I made Alison's grandmother's rolls for a Thanksgiving office party.  I will never use another roll recipe ever again!

We decorated the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.  We have a small house, but we had space for 2 trees......MY tree and the "sentimental/let the kids decorate it however they want" tree!


This is my tree, I couldn't get a good IPhone photo of the kid's tree.  I'll share it later.
A letter for each of our names.

My new friend this winter season.  Keeps my toes warm every night.
Took a friend to a cute little pub for a birthday lunch and got to sit by this roaring fire.  So quaint!

Sweet friends, Clare & Charmaine.  Our boys are the best of mates! Our girls are all different ages, but they love to play with each other too.  I'm so thankful for these 2 friends!

A couple of months ago Jerry had the brilliant idea of taking each of our kids on a breakfast date before church on Sunday mornings.  We rotate each week and they get one on one time with each of us.  It's been so fun to be able to do this!


Recently the downtown walking areas of Horsham were re-cobbled.  There are several of these plaques placed in the stones giving you interesting historical facts and information about Horsham.  It is fascinating!  And I guess a little disturbing sometimes too!

And that there is the exciting life of Girl Meets Globe and her family.  Thanks for keeping up with us and our fascinating lives!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...