31 October 2013

What Kind of Traveler are You?

cliffsofmoher
Oh Ireland, how you have gotten in to my heart and under my skin.  Your rolling hills, cliffs, castles, cathedral ruins, soda bread, seafood chowder, Irish stew and your kind people. 
 
I could do without this crazy windy, rainy weather that has woken me up at odd hours, but I could adjust!  And I'd have to grow my hair out and keep it in a ponytail at all times.  My hair and Ireland's weather do not mix!  I'm one big frizz ball with a bit of curl!
We've had such a great trip and I'm trying not to burn up my Instagram feed with Ireland photos.  But,  I love Instagram and how it's connected me to friends, family and bloggers during our trip.  I've loved hearing from each and every one of you on Instagram, twitter, and facebook!
The process of traveling has me thinking how others do it.  How we travel with 3 kids will be vastly different than a single or couple, but I still wonder what your travel schedule looks like.
Do you plan from the time you wake til the time you sleep?  Do you just go with the flow of the day and see where your wandering takes you?  Do you eat out or eat in, if you have the chance?  Do you budget?
The planning of where to stay and how to get there comes naturally to me.  I love a good challenge of finding just the right place.  And the place I found in Ireland has exceeded our expectations!  It has been a dream house!  More on that later.
The actual planning of our time is typically very loose.  I know the top things to see and we might make a loose plan of knowing where we want to go and if we've heard about a place to eat we might check it out, but we really just let our wandering take us wherever.  Some trips this works very easy and naturally.  
cows
We are currently in Ireland and traveling with our kids and Jerry's parents.  A loose schedule has worked well for us.  Some things that play in to that are the fact that we are here for a week and can do things leisurely.  Jerry and I have also been to this area of Ireland before and we knew most of the sites.  Ireland is an incredible place to wander and I'll be sure to show you some things we've seen getting off the beaten path!  We've not been disappointed!
ruinplay
Our days have consisted of slow mornings of drinking coffee, eating a light breakfast at the house, hitting the road anywhere between 9 and 10, seeing some sites, sometimes stopping for coffee/tea and a snack, continue seeing sites, lunch has been anywhere between 12 and 2, more site-seeing and crashing at our home away from home around 5 or 6, wrapping up the evening with a light dinner, games with the family and coffee!!  Lots and lots of coffee/tea!!
So what about you?  What kind of traveler are you?
I'm joining Leigh at Hines Sight, along with the other hosts, for Instagram Travel Thursday.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...