15 July 2013

Beach Hut Decorating

While choosing decor for our downstairs loo (half bath/bathroom/toilet/whatever you call it), I settled on a beach hut theme.  In my searching for beach hut decor I found this lovely and fascinating little book,

Beach Huts & Bathing Machines.


It goes into the history of bathing machines, how they were used in England and evolving into what we know of the beach hut today.  It includes all kinds of historical facts and photos.  I've really enjoyed reading it!

A few of my beachy items.


A tea towel for a little valance.  I'm not in love with it, still trying to decide.  It works for now.


Just a few of our many shells, mostly from our trips to the beach while living in Spain.  Good times and memories!!



England has drawstring pull lights in their bathrooms.  You can buy cutesy little ends for the pulls and I love our little beach hut!


Since reading the book, I now have a strong desire to travel the English coast in search of beach huts.  Oh, that would be so fun!!

Jerry and I decided to have a day of photo shooting.  In my next post I'll share some of the beach huts on the beach we frequent.  Here is a little glimpse.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the beach hut theme bathroom. Where did you find all those cute accessories? You've inspired me to decorate our rental house a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...