13 June 2013

Drawer Organizing

Since I haven't been blogging much lately, you might be wondering what I've been doing to keep myself busy!  
Since we've done quite a bit of house hopping these last few years I feel I haven't had a chance to get our home organized or really decorated for that matter.  I'm committed to get our house looking like a home, so I've spent a lot of time scouring the internet/pinterest for decorating and organizing ideas.
The house we've moved into is somewhat smaller and just shaped differently than some of our previous homes.  I've had to be creative in storage.  
Thankfully we have a garage that has an entry into our house and it has become our pantry/coat & shoe closet/laundry/storage/garden shed room.  It is filled to the brim with bikes, scooters, coats, shoes, our dryer, shovels & brooms, craft items, pantry items, Christmas decor and the list goes on.
My favorite piece of furniture, an armoire we had made in Prague, is so huge it doesn't even fit in the house.  Luckily, it just fit in the garage and it makes a great storage cabinet.
I am terrible at organization, but I am doing my best to get better.  I am known for dumping things in a drawer to never be found again, which was driving me insane and I knew I had to do something to remedy my terrible habit.  
I have this awesome military trunk that I bought at an antique store several years ago.  I LOVE it!  

Unfortunately, it is one of those places where things get dumped and I could never quickly find what I was looking for.  
I did not want to spent a lot of money to organize my drawers or trunk space.  In my internet research I came across a diy project for drawer organizers from cereal boxes.  Hers are really cute, but I did not want to be bothered with all the cute paper.  
Placing the boxes and cutting down to the height of the drawer.



Ok, I will say that I began by covering one with some butcher type paper......the process was going to be too long and tedious for me.  I decided hardly anyone was ever going to be looking in my trunk and I didn't need cute paper to be organized.  I'm so lazy and cheap and practical!  Ha!
Even though I didn't cover the cereal boxes in paper, the top, drop in drawer of the trunk looks exceptionally better than before!!





That's just one of the little projects I've been working on.  I'll share more soon!!

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I just did the exact same thing with Allies underwear/sock drawer. No fancy paper here either. I figured she wild like the frosted flakes boxes :).

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...