10 September 2012

First Day of School, 2012

Several months ago I'd pondered what we were going to do for the kid's schooling while in the US.  My first thought was to homeschool so that I could reduce some stress on picking them up in the middle of the school year to move to England.  I think God knew that wouldn't be a wise decision and used Brennan to tell me "Mom, they speak English in America!  We can easily go to school!"

Thank you son for freeing me from the idea of homeschooling!!  Ha!

Homeschooling is a great thing for some families, but not this one.  Especially at this time.  I think we all would have gone bonkers!!

My concern was putting them in school only to pull them out to travel to Alaska and Virginia for a month as well as in February for our big move.  So, I decided to call the Ennis ISD and see if they could work with us.  I considered it an answer to prayer when we were told it wasn't a problem at all.

Upon arriving, we learned from some church members that Ennis has a uniform policy.  We made good use out of tax free weekend to buy uniforms and school supplies.

People told us to be ready for it to be a zoo at the stores that weekend.  What's funny is that a tax free day was nothing like shopping in Vienna on a normal shopping day!  Ha!  It was a breeze for us!!

We got the kids enrolled in their school. It wasn't actually the school we were zoned for, based on our address, but the secretary asked "Are you the family that lives in Europe?" we answered "yes" and she said, "never mind, you'll go to school here."

I have no idea why that allows us to attend the school, but hey, we're glad!  I'd love to know the reasoning behind that and if I get to know the secretary better I might just ask!

Breakfast on the first day of school!


Heading out.


They've had a good 2 weeks!!!  And now, we're off to Alaska!!  Woohoo!!

Our flight was cancelled, scared me to death!!!  Luckily, we were able to get on a later flight.  We get into Anchorage at 12:30 am!!!  Yikes!!  It will be 3:30 am Texas time, so we are going to be one tired bunch.  But, we'll be in Alaska!!

I will try to update from there, but I can't make any promises!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...