31 May 2012

Wildpark Ernstbrunn

Spring has been birthday season among our friends.

We celebrated another double birthday party for some brother's this week at Wildpark Ernstbrunn.  It was more like a petting/feeding zoo.


Ernstbrunn is located 45 minutes north of Vienna.  We had a beautiful drive through the rolling countryside! 

Sweet sisters!!  Such a good picture of my girls!


Deer, wolves, pigs, even some mountain goats and bulls!

I've decided that American wolves (top right corner, below) are much prettier animals than European wolves (bottom left corner).

Karis was cracking me up trying to get up the nerve to feed this bull from her hand.
It's not that she was scared, it was that she did not like the idea of it slobbering all over her hand.
She went for it anyway!  And sure enough, that thing left a big ole handfull of slobber and dirt!  Ha!
Loved the birdhouses!









Lots of places for the kids to play and run around.

They were in kid paradise!  Unfortunately, the stinging nettle struck almost all the kids.  It is a plant common in Austria.  The plant has tiny little hairs that sting when brushed against the skin.  There were fields of them!


You know you have a good friend when she's willing to administer ointment to your child!  Thanks Kristi!


Time for eats!!

Kristi and I didn't wear appropriate foot attire.  I had no idea this place was hilly and so big.  At least I was in good sandal wearing company!!



After we ate it seemed that the party was starting to fall apart.  It's a bit humorous when I think back on it. Reegan got into some nettle and was unconsolable.  She doesn't have a high threshold for pain!  Thunderclouds started rolling in sending a brother and sister into a panic, poor things!!  It was a good time to make a quick dash to the car.  Luckily I had packed our rain jackets.  We didn't quite make it to the car before it started raining, but we were covered!

Raindrops on the way home.


It was a lot of fun, despite the ending!  We had a great time celebrating with our friends!!


3 comments:

  1. I hate nettle! It was all over by our house when I grew up. I learned how to avoid it pretty fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet picture of my nursing skills AND awesome braid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place!

    Visting from SITS Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...