29 May 2012

One More Trip to the Zoo and Weekend Fleamarketing

Karis' first grade class earned a trip to the zoo and the primary (kindergarden) class got to tag along.  I hadn't been able to help with a class trip this year, so off I went with the 2 classes.

Since we'd recently been to the zoo I didn't take many pictures this time.  We had enough parents that I only had to watch after my own kiddos and got to spent time with our friends.


 Reegan and her good friend from class.


I call this the seal walk. You can walk on the glass as the seals swim by underneath.  So fun!


Friends!!


Oh how they love to be silly!


As soon as we got back from the zoo, we loaded up tables to sell some of our things for our upcoming move.  It doesn't matter how many times we've moved, we always seem to acquire more junk!  Mollie and I were table buddies!


Friday after school went off so well!!  We sold a good bit.  Unfortunately, Saturday was a flop.  But we did get to eat some good, homemade Filipino BBQ, noodles and eggrolls!  Yum!

Some of our friends were selling this Tonka truck for next to nothing.  It was in such good shape that I couldn't pass it up!  I had to get it for Brennan!!  And Daniel enjoyed Brennan pushing him around!


The toys we didn't sell, we were able to donate to the highschool for their trip to Romania.
I'm happy with what we sold!  It was an exhausting 2 days, but we managed some fun out of it!


2 comments:

  1. (Melinda) My kids are now pretty well past the field trip age and I am somewhat surprised to realize that I miss it (gasp). Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my kids, but I was always somewhat stressed out by the prospect of being responsible for other people's kids in large, noisy, crowded public places. I think the time I was responsible for five kindergardeners at a water park did me in! Sounds like you had a relaxed time. Good for you. :) Found you via SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I get stressed over it too!! That's why I was relieved that I was only in charge of my own!! =)

      Delete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...