08 February 2012

Cold!!!

I was hoping to be posting about an ice skating adventure, but that will have to wait a few weeks.
Vienna has turned cold!  Like, unseasonably cold!  We are breaking records here.
For the next few weeks the kid's school scheduled a once a week skating outing, but it was so cold this past Friday that they cancelled it.  Jerry and I were to be chaperones.  Luckily, they are tacking a week on and we'll go another time.

Otherwise we've been trying to stay warm!

This week the kids are on an energy break.  I have no idea why it is called that.  All I know is that all Vienna schools are closed to give people the ability to go skiing.  I think the kids would like it, but we're not big skiers.  I did it as an Alaskan teen, but the thrill did not carry over into adulthood.  So, no skiing for us.

Jerry still has to work and since it is cold we are trying to stay warm in our drafty house.

We did, however, wake to a nice layer of snow yesterday.
These are the train tracks behind our house.
Jerry had to go clear the sidewalk on the street in front of our house.  If you have a public sidewalk in front of your house entrance, then you are responsible for clearing the walkway.  If someone is walking by and falls in front of your house, they can sue you.  Lovely!
Karis & Brennan gobbled their breakfast up to head out into the snow!  

 Brennan is a polar bear!
Karis just loved throwing snow up in the air.
 You can just barely see the little icicles on his eyelashes.
 Reegan stayed in where it was nice and toasty warm and asked to take a bath.  Smart girl!
 
I'm not normally a flower buyer, but I've bought several bunches because they have been so inexpensive!!  They add a nice touch this time of year.
Unfortunately as the morning carried on things took a turn for the worse as Brennan was hit by this tummy bug!  You could say we've had this thing for three weeks!  Luckily that is not an ongoing three weeks, but one kid having it at some period each week.  I hope we'll be through with this thing soon!

We're suppose to go sledding tomorrow, so I hope Brennan will get better soon so we don't miss out!!

Happy Energy Week!

1 comment:

  1. How cold is cold? Last week, I saw -53F for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...