04 September 2011

First Day of School

We've been excited to start at our new school!!  August 23 was our first day.  They loved it so much and we're sad when the day ended!

 Getting a little skateboarding in before school.



Look at my big kids!


We ride a bus or tram (whichever comes first) for about 6 stops.

Then hop on the u-bahn (metro) for 2 stops.


And walk with the throng of kids and parents to the school.

Our school!!  The bottom left corner square is Karis' classroom.
Downstairs is elementary, upstairs is high school.
Walking with friend's/colleagues kids!
Karis has a locker!

Both the kids have great teachers!!  It's funny, they attend an American Christian school, but neither of their teachers are American.  Brennan & Reegan's teacher is from England and Karis' teacher is from New Zealand!  I love the diversity it brings!  And we've already had some funny conversations about the different things we say.
I'll be sharing lots about the school in the future, I'm sure!  Because it looks like I will be there, a lot!  I'll share more about that soon!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW - they are getting big!!! Can't wait to hear more about the adventures you all experience in Vienna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO grown up now! How long does it take altogether to get to school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes about 25-30 minutes. Just depends on how quickly the tram or bus and u-bahn come. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at how flexible and adjusted you all are! you inspire me x

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...