23 November 2010

Young Love

Last Spring right after returning to Prague and while attending church we met a new family.  Instantly our kids hit it off!  In such a short time they were buds!  It was almost crazy at how quickly they took to one another.  They were a sibling group of 3 boys.  Their middle son is the same age as Karis.  He was (and still is) smitten with Karis.  At 5 years old!!

The dad was in Prague to film a movie that is suppose to come out soon called Red Tails, the story of the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African-American pilots to fly in a combat squadron during World War II.
I was sad to learn that they would only be in Prague for a short time (of course we left a year later), but we enjoyed the time we had with them.

The mom, J and I made a point to keep in touch through email and sent messages every few months.  A couple of days ago I got an email from C, her son, asking for our phone number so he could talk to Karis on the phone!  So later that day they called and they talked for 2 HOURS!!

Now, let me remind you that it has been a year and a half since they've seen or talked to each other!  And C still wants to marry Karis!  Ha!

Here they are last year.  Are they not the cutest little couple EVER?!  I absolutely LOVE this picture!


And here is Karis on their Skype/phone call (their microphone wasn't working).


We have plans to Skype again sometime!  Maybe one day we'll get this group together again!!  They are from the UK, but live in CA for now.  However, they come back this way from time to time, so it's a real possibility!

7 comments:

  1. What a cute little "couple" they are! Cracks me up that they chatted for 2 hours! If I can get my niece to talk to me longer than 2 minutes on the phone, I count that a success!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute together! I have no idea how she could manage 2 hours on the phone. I mean, what would you possibly talk about at that age? Lego?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from ICLW :) You're kids are super cute! Congratulations on your beautiful family. Sending prayers and best wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable post! I need to figure out that whole Skype thing to talk to my CA family. Although I think Karis will still have me beat with a two-hour phone conversation! :)

    I don't know whether you'll be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow or not, but I hope you and your family have a wonderful day, full of the love of our Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL... that is adorable!! I know our kids go through that too ... they are adorable... who knows, maybe someday, they'll be right!

    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from ICLW ... you have a beautiful family and wonderful friends. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's exactly what it is...

    young love!

    these kids are adorable. i wonder if they would ever be together for real in the future. keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...