19 February 2010

Showing You My Ministries

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
Hi All!!
Kelly from Kelly's Korner is hosting a "Show Us Your Life" each week and this week was definitely one I could participate in, "Show us your ministry!"

I have 2 passions (ministries) I want to share with you.  Sharing Christ to the people of Europe and supporting ladies through the pain of infertility as well as educating people on the pain that infertility causes. 

I'll start with infertility.  My story is a long one, struggling through several IUIs, an exploratory surgery for endo/blocked tubes, moving on to adoption, adoption losses (2), considering IVF, a successful adoption and within weeks of that adoption a successful in-vitro (IVF).  If you are interested in the VERY LONG (ha!) version, I hope you'll read and be blessed and encouraged by my journey through infertility.   
After our first adoption loss, I got to googling "Christian Infertility" and through my searching I found a wonderful forum called "Hannah's Prayer."  It is an online community of ladies struggling through the painful journey of infertility and loss.  If you find yourself desiring support on the often lonely & painful journey, please come check us out!!  I have been a member for 5 years and now am co-director of this wonderful ministry!  Our website will tell you a little more about us and direct you on how to join our community.  We'd love to have you!!

That brings me to my next passion.  Being missionaries in Europe.

Jerry and I have lived in Europe for over 10 years.  We moved to Russia at the end of 1999 doing church planting.  Then moved to Prague, Czech Republic to do media for our region of Central & Eastern Europe and Jerry has been leading the media team for 6 of those years.  Recently our organization experienced a big reorganization and Jerry now leads the Forward Communications Team (still media) for all of Europe. We have lived in Prague for 9 years.  With this reorganization the decision has been made for us to make another move and we are in the process of obtaining a work visa to live in Madrid, Spain and hope to move there sometime in late Spring.

What do we do?
Our team creates videos, write stories about the work going on among our missionaries in Europe, take incredible pictures and have even shot a music video for a Christian Artist, Jeni Varnadeau.
That just touches the vast amount that our team does!!  Our old website gives more information on that too if you want to take a look around.  =)

So, that's my 2 passions.  Sharing the love of Jesus Christ to the people of Europe and supporting women on the difficult, painful journey of infertility & loss.

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...