23 November 2009

Sparkle, Sparkle, Little Teeth!

Our insurance is about to change, so we've been wearing a path to the doctor's offices as of late. Today it was the dentist. All FIVE of us! Jerry and I for cleanings and check ups and the kids for check ups. We went in at 11 am and got out about 2 pm. It went by fairly quickly. I had visions of hours at the dentist!! Ha! It helped that they had a great kids room with a tv to watch movies! I don't think mine could have lasted that long had it not been for their playroom!
This was our kid's first experience at the dentist (well, except for Karis went once when she chipped her front teeth at age 2, to make sure there was no damage). Karis had worked herself up and was so worried. I thought she would go first, but she did not want to. Then the dentist asked who would go first and Reegan was the brave soul!!
This dentist does all that she can to put their fears at ease. She let each of them take "a ride" in the chair before getting started. Once Karis & Brennan saw that they got to take a ride in the chair, they were just about stumbling over each other for a turn!
They had this cute purple dinosaur to show the kids how to open wide. Brennan wished the dinosaur had been red. Silly boy!! He doesn't like anything to be girly!! Ha!
And they got to wear sunglasses throughout the entire check up to protect their eyes from the bright light. They loved that!!
All 3 of them did SUCH a great job! In my haste out the front door this morning I forgot my camera, of course!! Argh!! You should have seen them sitting there with these cool shades on!
And I'm so glad to report that we are cavity free!! Whew!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for no cavities! Last time we all went to the dentist I was the one told to come back to get two cavities filled. Come to think of it, I haven't made it back there yet :b

    ReplyDelete

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...