08 August 2009

Summer in a Nutshell

I can’t believe that I am already hearing friends talk about school starting!  This has been a whirlwind summer of re-adjusting to life in Prague, an annual meeting of our colleagues, Jerry & I celebrating 15 years of marriage & receiving & unpacking our crate.
It started off with a trip to Greece to spend a week with our colleagues.

Jerry with the kids while I attend a ladies' night out event.



Two days after our return from Greece we received our crate.  That was a lot of fun and felt like Christmas!!  The kids had a blast seeing all the last minute things we had picked up for them to put in the crate.  It took me about 6 weeks to get it all unpacked with the daily grind of life.

Our apartment finally feels like a home!!  It’s amazing what carpet, curtains, new bedding & pictures can do for a place!
Then in July we took an early anniversary getaway to Berlin to see U2 in concert!!  It was a blast!  We left the kids behind in Prague with some colleague/friends and drove 4 hours to spend 4 days in Berlin.


I’m not normally a concert goer, but this was U2, Jerry’s favorite, and it just seemed like a fun thing to do.
I have to admit I was a little nervous going to a concert.  I just didn’t know what to expect from the crowd.  However, it was quite tame.  I guess it helps that U2 has been around since the early 80s and have drawn a crowd from all generations.  It was kind of fun watching the people around us.  Some guys in their early 40s in front of us.  Although they did quite a bit of drinking, they were at least happy drunks, as Jerry called them.  Then their was the couple next to them, probably in their mid-40s who just didn’t look like the typical U2 fans.  I would giggle to myself as I watched them dance and sing.  And 2 young couples on either side of us.  It really was a great time!

On the way to the concert in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, Germany!

No cameras were allowed inside.  This is after the concert.



Our 15th wedding anniversary was actually this past Thursday, August 6.  We weren’t even together on our big day!!  Jerry was at Western Europe’s annual meeting to get to know some of the people he would be working with.  I was a little sad by that, but we made it through and I just focused on the good time we had a few weeks ago in Berlin.  Even watched our wedding video, which was a good laugh with a few teary eyed moments in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...