23 September 2008

Oh Great Pumpkin, Where are You?

I absolutely LOVE this time of year when Summer comes to an end and Fall begins.  Yesterday was officially the first day of Fall, although it is hard to believe when it is 88 degrees outside in sunny Forth Worth, TX.  Regardless, I am READY to bring on the Fall season!!  To me, it is just one long celebration as Fall gives way to Thanksgiving, which gives way to Christmas.

I already ordered and received Fall t-shirts for the kids and checked out all the local pumpkin patches and festivals for the season!!  Now let me add, I am not a big Halloween celebrator.  But any chance to eat candy and sweets is any reason to celebrate!!  I just love the feel of the cooler weather, seeing pumpkins, corn stalks, and scarecrows everywhere.  Aww, just brings joy to my heart!! =)

To finish up our vacation week, Saturday we went on a hunt for a pumpkin patch that we thought was already open.  It was not, but that’s ok.  We still had fun!  We ended up eating out at Red Robin, which is one of Jerry's & my favorite places.

And add to the fact that I got to enjoy a Pumpkin Spiced Frap at Starbucks today.  Ahhh, life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear from readers and connecting with you!

Deeper

  Deeper - adj. 1. extending or situated relatively far down from a surface: a deep pool. It's been a long time since I've ...